Friday, May 20, 2011

Low Calorie "Crepe" Recipe

Hi Y'all!  It's Paula~

We've never shared a recipe before, but I just have to share this one with you since it's berry season. 

Several years ago I participated in Oprah's Boot Camp and a fellow camper in the Boot Camp chat room shared this recipe.  It's so good and easy and perfect with summer berries of any kind.  Hope that you try and enjoy it!

Ingredients:
Egg(s)
Ricotta Cheese
Cinnamon
Vanilla
Cooking spray
Berries
Low-fat, sugar free canned Whipped Cream

To make crepes:
1 egg or egg white mixed well with a fork (sometimes I use 2 eggs if they are small)
1 or 2 T. of Ricotta cheese, whipped with fork into egg mixture until smooth
1/2 t. cinnamon.  Season to your taste.  You may prefer less cinnamon- or maybe more.
1 t. vanilla
Sugar or sugar substitute to taste.  Truvia is our sugar substitute and it doesn't take much.
Stir with fork until all ingredients are well mixed

Plus -

Berries or fruit of your choosing. My favorite are strawberries and blueberries. I put sugar substitute on them, so that they are juicy. MMMMM.

Directions:

Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat.
Spray with cooking spray (we use the butter flavor) when skillet is hot. 
Pour half of the egg mixture into hot skillet.
When top begins to bubble, flip the crepe to cook on the other side.
Cook until golden.

Plate first crepe. 

Cook second crepe.
While 2nd crepe cooks, put berries on the 1st crepe.
(I don't bother to roll these, I just treat them like pancakes - but you could roll them if you wanted.)
When cooked, plate second crepe.  Add more fruit and a squirt or two of whipped cream on top.

These are so good.  I've had them for breakfast, lunch and supper! 

Hope you you like them too!

Enjoy!

This crepe didn't come out of the skillet in one piece, but that doesn't bother us! 

4 comments:

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh my goodness this just looks awesome!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! So glad that I found your blog!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

All I can say is that looks YUMMY!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe...always looking for low call sweets!!!
Hope your weekend is wonderful!

It's me said...

That's great !! ..yesterday i send one to the States....so i think you can't buy it there...shipping is 17,10...let me know...if you want one i send it to you......love ...happy weekend...Ria....

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my
4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
She put the shell to her ear and screamed.
There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is
completely off topic but I had to tell someone!

my page; http://damas-software.org/wiki/User:BobbieJet