Thursday, April 21, 2011

THE POWER OF PAINT & A LITTLE IMAGINATION (Do I really have some?!?)

Hi Y'All - this is Paula!

CHALK PAINT

Miss Mustard Seed introduced all of us in blogland to chalk paint.  Well, at least she introduced me to chalk paint!  Perhaps some of you already use and love it! 

In Round Top there was a venue at the Carmine Y that had chalk paint, were doing demos with chalk paint and were selling chalk paint.  When one has a space and responsibilities, getting to other venues during the day is quite a challenge.  So, we missed the demos and we were quite sad.  On our way home, as we passed the Carmine Y, I saw The Tent and the Chalk Paint sign.  It was all I could do to hold the car on the road.  I so wanted to veer to the left and see if anyone was still there who would sell me some of that liquid gold - because that's just about how much it costs when a person is accustomed to getting a quart of paint for waaaay under $20.  Fortunately, Jennifer was behind me and her urge was stronger than mine and veer away she did!

Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint - Louis Blue
We have one quart of this wonderful paint.  There are not enough adjectives in the English language to describe this paint.  It is amazing.  If it were not so expensive, I would order enough to paint my two wooden rooms!  I'd cover up that wooden paneling with all of those little rectangles of wood that are nailed all over it for decorative purposes, which I have to dust regularly.  I'd paint that humoungous, ugly fireplace that is the bane of my existance.  Finally I would be able to enter the living room and the game room and feel at peace.  The brown would be gone and I would finally be happy.  But alas and alack, the chalk paint is just too much for me to do that and be able to live with myself.  And I just don't have it in me to prime and sand, and prime and then paint.  Plus, our home is for sale, so that would be quite an investment in money and time.

MMS was right - when this paint is sanded, it's like Johnson's Baby Powder, well except it's a color.  It's absolutely amazing.  Jennifer only got one quart of that beautiful, magical Louis Blue and it's dreamy.  But I want more!  =)  Can't wait to order.  If only Houston were a bit closer to Dallas, I'd drive and pick it up.  Can you believe that Dallas does not have this paint?!?  I can't!  I thought Dallas had everything.  I'm an Arkansas girl and that's what the Texans say - that Dallas has everything.  Well, they have everything but chalk paint!


1 comment:

It's me said...

Happy easter weekend darling...enjoy !!! ..love love Ria....xxx...